If you heat your home using gas or electricity you know how expensive it gets. Both these methods of home heating are slowly being phased out as more and more homeowners look to reduce the cost of heating and cooling on their properties. In their place people are choosing air source heat pumps. These are pumps that harvest heat from the air around the home and then pump it into the house. They will keep your house warm in winter and they use a reverse mechanism to keep it cool in summer. Apart from the lower cost of heating and cooling these pumps come with several other benefits:
• You will be doing the environment a big favour by buying an air source heat pump as they leave a much smaller carbon footprint than gas or electricity.
• An air source heat pump is able to work is very cold conditions – the best models can work in temperatures as low as -20 C which you will have a hard time doing with gas or electricity.
• In the UK the government will reward you for using an air source heat pump through the Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme.
• These pumps can be used to heat water, and you don’t have to use it right away unlike with gas or electricity. It will stay hot for a long time.
• If you want a heating system that will last a long time you will not go wrong with an air source heat pump. Properly maintained these units can last up to 20 years. When you combine that with the lower energy bills you will see the true value.
Try Elliots – they have a variety of air source heat pumps that you can choose from and they are experts at installation and maintenance. Find out more on http://cambridgeenergycentre.co.uk/.